If you are a couch potato and going to the toiler or fetching a glass of water feels like a workout to you, you are clearly in bad shape and too lazy for your good. Well, here’s some bad news, studies have found that sitting down for, hours a day can be detrimental to your health. So it’s time you leave your couch and maybe go for a jog or a walk around the house. It would be better for your health to go to a club and dance than be sitting around all day. All you need to do is move your body.
But, if you have a desk job which requires you to sit for hours in the end, then you can look for a different solution. You can get standing converters so that you can sit as well as a stand while doing your work, making sure you don’t sit around all day. .Sitting around more than 6 hours a day has been found to damage your organs, causing metabolism issues, muscle degeneration, and increasing obesity. It ultimately reduces your lifespan. Since your body does not get involved in anything active, the calories don’t burn, and you end up putting on weight which further leads to various heart diseases. So it’s a never-ending cycle. But, it can be managed if you have the determination and change a few of your lifestyle habits. You can take bathroom breaks, get your coffee, run down to the nearest coffee shop or food joint to have your lunch, taking short walks, or standing up and stretching once in a while. There are several exercises that you can do while sitting down.
Tips To Get Your Money’s Worth
The desk converters let you adjust the height of your monitor or your keyboard thus giving you the option to either stand or sit while working. They are good for your overall health and hence come at a range of prices. Some can be really cheap and affordable yet others can be really costly. Of course, you need to look at your requirements and then decide which one to get but here are a few things you should consider before you spend some of your hard-earned money.
- Consider the adjustability of the converter. Can it be adjusted to the right dimensions of your desk so that you can conduct your work at ease without any sense of discomfort or back pain? This takes into consideration whether the keyboard tray or the monitor tray can be adjusted to the right height where you will be comfortable to work at.
- Is it easy to use? It will be much inconvenience if you need to manually adjust it every time and may better benefit from the electric one where it can be adjusted at just the press of a button. There are desk converters where you can adjust it in a way where you can stand and work and even adjust it to a level where it allows you to work in a sitting position.
- Is Will buying the standing desk converter burn a hole in your wallet? In that case, you need to check other sellers to see where it is selling at a lesser price or where they are offering a discount. Or you can make a list of your requirements and go for the one standing desk converter which meets all your requirements or some of your requirements save a few but does not push you on the verge of begging on the streets. Either way, you need to make a sacrifice.
- It’s a given that before buying you always check the quality and the durability of the product because otherwise it simply means loss of money spent. Check what is the product made of, whether it is durable, can it take the weight of your laptop or computer or not; since you are obviously going to place a laptop or a desktop over it. If it cannot take the weight of the computer or the laptop, you will not only end up losing the important files and documents saved on your computer but also incur additional expenses due to damages caused to your laptop or computer, if in any case, it topples over.
- You also need to consider the space the standing desk converter will provide you to place your laptop or desktop and the space it will occupy in your office. You may also consider the possibility of easily moving them and thus choose likewise.
- Before you hit the buy button, always make sure to check out the user reviews of the particular standing desk converter. The user reviews are quite helpful as it allows to double-check whether the promises made by the brand and the features mentioned in the product descriptions are true to their claims or not. In this way, you don’t end up making a bad investment and can save your money to buy a better product at that price range.
- You also need to consider the after-sale services. Is customer service good? How long is the warranty period? The more, the better it is. Because you can’t predict when your device may stop working or not work properly like before and you will need an expert to have a look at it and have it fixed. If the after-sales service is not good, then investing money in the product may not be a good idea as later on if any day it suddenly stops working that maybe after 15 days or after six months, you can’t get it fixed easily and will have to buy a new one.
7 Best Selling Standing Desk Converters of 2020
To save you the effort of browsing through several sites, comparing the prices, and making a note of the features best suited to you, here listed below are seven best sellers.
1.VIVO Standing Height-Adjustable Desk Monitor
Vivo height-adjustable standing desk converter as the name suggests offers eight height adjustment levels so that you can adjust it to your required level whenever you want to work standing or sitting. Wait, there’s more! Other than having eight height adjustment levels, adjusting the unit to the required level is a breeze because it is gas-powered. Just pump the balloon, and you are good to go! It won’t require a lot of energy and effort on your behalf so you can save it for another important task. Installing it is as easy as adjusting the height levels. It is one single set up installation unit.
If you are worried about the workspace, then you can kiss your worries bye, as this standing desk converter offers a lot of surfaces which is enough to hold 2 desktop monitors, otherwise, one laptop and one desktop monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, and other stuff like notepad, coffee mug, and mobile and also allow space to rest your arms. It has separate tiers dedicated to holding your mouse and keyboard. If you want, then you can also attach other compatible stuff to it like grommet and c-clamp mounts but is sure to take into consideration the weight limit of the standing desk converter.
Now coming to the weight capacity of the standing desk converter you are safe to assume that it can hold a lot considering it already allows you dual workstations, but how much exactly? It can hold 37.5 lbs. On top of that, the unit is based on the z shaped model which offers the best stability. You won’t feel any wobble when you type on the keyboard. Your precious electronics won’t be at any risk because of the sturdy built and the stability that the z shape and the steel frame promise. However, you must keep in mind that it has its limits. If you go beyond those limits, there’s a possibility that the model may buckle under the pressure.
If you are considering buying this model, you must also take into consideration that this model will take up a lot of space. On the other hand, if you need a dual workstation then those should be your choice. But, if you are looking for something minimalistic just for your laptop, then this may be too much, and you should consider other options because while it will hold a laptop but it can be a tad too difficult to reach your laptop because of the unit’s configuration.
2.Desk Store Stand Up Standing Air Rise Desk Converter
Do you like keeping your workspace neat and clean? Even a little speck of dust and a bit of clutter makes your head spin and increases your blood pressure? And maybe hey, if you are a minimalist then you ought to consider checking out air rise standing desk converter by stand up desk store. The model design is simple and offers the best effectiveness and utility at an affordable price. It also meets your demand for tidiness and aesthetics as when the model is not in use it can be easily folded and resembles wood planks stacked over a desk or a table, and when used, it resembles a simple clutter-free desk riser.
This model comes with a 32 inches tabletop surface which is enough to hold dual monitors, or a laptop and a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and other, added accessories, thus allowing you a lot of workspaces. The chamfered edges keep your arm in a comfortable position, and the tabletop is textured so that it can hold your things in place. The model is made of steel and is sturdy and offers you maximum stability. So your electronics stay safe.
While adjusting heights and taking measurements to fit a standing desk is a hassle, air rise comes with zero hassle of installation and height adjustments. It is adjustable, and you can adjust it right from 3 inches to 15 inches, while air cylinder pneumatic makes it a breeze to adjust the height. All you need to do is squeeze the handle while you lift the desk and you are good to go!, Sounds easy? Installation is not required. No, you don’t require taking measurements and retrofitting your table. Just add the desk riser to any table and voila you have the standing desk!
The one problem that few faces withstand and sit desk riser is with the weight. Since the model is made of steel, then this can be a bit heavy, and it may add to its difficulty of moving from one table to the other. So those with bad backs may need to consider this one thing before splurging your money on this.
3.Stand Steady X-Elite Pro Standing Desk Adjustable Height Desk Converter
Another design for all you minimalists out there! If for some reason air rise could not make it to your top 3 standing desk list and you wished if it was a little lighter than air rise. Well, then the gods heard you, and pro-x-elite is here to fulfill your wish! It is a simple design like the air rise model and combines simplicity with utility and effectiveness. It uses the same concept and mechanism as the air rise model.
This x-elite model is to some extent lighter than the air rise model and can be moved easily. Don’t disregard the model just yet as it just as sturdy and durable as the above-mentioned air rise model. The x-elite model can hold 20 lbs and can fit in dual monitors, laptops, keyboards, mouse, and maybe a notepad. It offers a resting place for your arms.
The height handle adjustment is made easy with a pump lifting mechanism. This model has an added easy to adjust lever to it for your added ease to use. The cherry on the top is the spring that is added to the pump lifter so that you can adjust the height without having to move your electronics off the desk and without putting your electronics in jeopardy. The height can be adjusted to any level from 7, being the lowest, to 16, being the highest. Thus, you are not restricted to only a certain number of height levels.
What’s better than no installation and easy assemblage? No retrofitting required. Just add it to any table and let it work its charms. Also, it can be put to several other alternative uses like a breakfast tray or a writing desk.
If you are looking for separate tiers dedicated to keyboards and mouse then maybe you should look elsewhere or have to do with having to put everything on the same level surface. But, if you are content with that then go for it.
4.Executive Portable Adjustable Office Solutions Aluminum Laptop Stand/Desk/Table
As is evident from the name of the model it is specially made for laptops and is not meant for a desktop monitor. So if you want something to hold dual monitors plus other stuff and add height to your workspace turn away but if you are looking for something simple and minimalistic meant only for your laptop, read away.
This model often comes with a mouse pad extension which is a better deal than no mouse pad. The tray is made of aluminum and hence lightweight adding to its portability. It offers 360-degree rotation thus allowing you to adjust it to any angle you want. When it comes to height, it is adjustable to any height until 20 inches. The legs are adjustable and come with a locking feature to lock them at the height and the angle you want them to be. The best thing about this model is that you can put it to several other alternative uses thus making the most out of the purchase. You can use it anywhere as a breakfast tray, a writing desk, or as a book or even a tablet holder! But, expect to experience a bit of wobbling when you type.
5.Rocelco ADR Stand/Sit Desktop Height-Adjustable Computer Riser
If the above-mentioned standing desk converters did not make the cut and you don’t want to take any chances when it comes to your equipment and electronics, and want to ensure that the model is 100% stable and sturdy so as not to jeopardize your electronics and equipment, in that case, rocelco ADR height-adjustable sit/stand/ desktop computer riser, is your best bet.
You can be assured of your electronics and other belongings safe as the model is so designed and built so that it does not collapse because of the weight of the equipment you put on its top. The model can hold 50 lbs which is a lot! It is more than enough to hold all your belongings. It can very easily hold dual monitors and other computer accessories. It offers a large workspace so that you can work freely and your desk does not look too cramped or cluttered.
The model does not require any assemblage which can be put to use right out of the box. So you can say goodbye to the hassles of installation and assemblage. The height can also be easily adjusted with the gas lifting mechanism. The maximum height it can be adjusted to is 16 inches, and it offers four height adjustment levels. So it can be easily adjusted to a person and desk’s height.
It is among very few standing desk converters in the market which is as strong and sturdy and has the capacity of holding 50 lbs. Other than the heavyweight it can take, it has a unique feature that pulls out a keyboard tray which you can both pull it out and use or can be used without retracting it if you so desire. The ability to access the keyboard tray without retracting it is due to the incurved feature of the upper tray. You can place a laptop or any other accessory on the keyboard tray after you retract it as it offers ample for you to put your stuff on it.
6.Stand Up Desk Store Air Rise Pro
Air rise is a solid desk riser, but if the model put you off because it lacked a separate keyboard tier, then you may consider having a look at the stand-up desk air rise pro. Air, rise although serves the desk rising requirement you will need to put all of your electronics on the same level surface, forcing you to either bent or look down a bit on your keyboard or the monitor to have a better look. If that proves to be difficult for you then the air rise pro is a better option to air rise.
The air raises pro basically an upgraded version of the air rise, and hence it shares many of its mechanisms and concepts with air rise. Like air rise, it meets your demand for aesthetics for it’s a simple, clean design. It has the same lift mechanism as the air rise using air technology to provide easy adjustment to height. You can adjust the height to any level from 5.75 inches to 15.75 inches without any restrictions to specific height levels. This model, unlike air rise, adds a keyboard holder for your keyboard and mouse. The keyboard holder is spacious enough for the easy movement of the mouse so that you can keep your workplace without having to worry about bumping your mouse to the keyboard every time you move the mouse.
The model can hold 50 lbs and is sturdy and durable, so you can trust it with your electronics and not fear to damage them. You can count on its stability as it is so designed to counterbalance the weight of the equipment, you put on at the end of the item. To maintain the stability of the model it comes with the added feature of a non-slip button.
7.The House Of Trade Standing Desk
Here’s another good pick from the house of trade. The standing desk from the house of trade can hold 50 lbs. So it’s sturdy and durable enough to hold your equipment and electronics and won’t buckle under the weight of it. It is made of a steel frame, zinc alloy, and melamine wood offering maximum sturdiness. It can easily fit in dual monitors, keyboard, mouse, and other items thus allowing for a large workspace. It designed off the z shape which offers the maximum stability regarding all other models. So rest assured that your electronics are safe.
The height is easily adjustable and can be adjusted up to 6.5 inches to 16.3 inches. There are five height adjustment levels thus allowing you to adjust to your required level. You are free from the hassle of installation and assemblage as it does not require any assemblage.
It comes with the unique feature of a retractable keyboard whereby it grants your more versatility and greater accessibility. The craved feature of the upper-tier allows you to access the keyboard even without retracting it and when retracted you can easily use it with a laptop. Although it comes with a retractable keyboard drawer, it is not spacious. It may be a little cramped when fitting in a keyboard and a mouse.
So we saw these were the best standing desk converters of 2017. If you are experiencing sharp pain from long hours of sitting, then you should get these products. All of them are adjustable so it won’t change your posture or damages your organs. You can convert all of these to your desired size and height, so sit and stand according to your own will and work just by converting these desks. They are big enough to accommodate more than one desktop and laptop. So you will have a lot of workspaces saved even if you have a lot of things to store.
These desks are lightweight so you can lift them easily and carry them from one place to another. Also, these utilize space wonderfully. If you have a really small corner, you can utilize it and keep a lot of things on these desks. Durability is another factor, rest assured the desk converters will last you years before degrading. Flexibility is the key feature of any convertible furniture. All of the products listed here are highly flexible so no worries about breaking things, convert them easily whenever you want, wherever you want. Lastly, all of them provide value for money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.Are They Easy To Set Up?
– They are simple to set up. No hassle as it’s lightweight and smooth. The desktop models remain assembled from before so they can be used the moment you unpack and bring it out of the box. Other products require bare minimum assembling, and they are good to go. They can be converted just by moving a couple of parts.
Q2.What Is The Maximum Weight That These Standing Desk Converters Can Hold?
– There are different weight specifications for different kinds of standing desk converters. They will be written on the box are packed. The weight carrying capacities of average-sized models are 15.8kgs or 35lbs. The larger the model, the more will be its capacity. Always check the specifications before buying.
Q3.So I Need To Be Of Specific Height To Use The Standing Desk?
– No, it’s not true. Anyone can use the standing desk converters; there will be various manual options to choose from. Set it at the perfect height, and you can enjoy using them. You can even turn it into a sit-stand desk for the times you want to sit and work. So the height is not a factor while using these models.
Q4.Will It Be Difficult To Adjust The Desk Height Keeping The Contents Of It?
– No there is lift mechanisms that are spring assisted. So you won’t even feel the heavyweight, lift it up or pull it back down in just a couple of seconds. There are electric models as well which can automatically be set at the desired height without giving any pressure on it. Keep any weight that you want and convert it but remember don’t exceed the weight capacity.