How To Keep Your Hair Healthy
Nowadays it is extremely important for everyone to take care of their hair and keep them healthy. Having healthy, good-looking hair not only adds to your stylish looks but also increases confidence level. So if you have damaged hair or want to prevent it from getting damaged, no matter what your hair type is, this article has got some important measures and tips for you to keep your hair strong and healthy.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Hair The Right Way
- Do not wash your hair regularly- wash your hair two or three times a week at the most. It is a mistake to wash your hair thoroughly every day because it might not do any good but harm your hair more. Washing hair every day can cause dry hair and wear them out, as washing regularly damages the natural oils which nourish your hair; washing hair two times a week is adequate.
- Start Applying Conditioner– try to use a good conditioner after you shampoo your hair. A good conditioner moisturizes your hair and makes it softer and easily manageable. It also helps to brush your hair after shower easily, thus having less damage. Apply the conditioner to the ends and mid-lengths or else it will look too greasy. After applying it, keep it for five to seven minutes so that it penetrates totally into your hair. They penetrate deep into the hair cuticles and protect them. Use them at least once in a week to get good results. Another important point is to use the same brand and not change them frequently because your hair will get accustomed to one material.
- Shampoo Your Hair Correctly– most people apply shampoo to their hair the wrong way. Using a large amount of shampoo and applying it on your hair is not the only step you should take, there is a technique to shampoo your hair according to your density, texture, and length of your hair. The volume of the shampoo depends on the length and thickness of your hair. You should apply the shampoo on the scalp only and not on the ends of your hair because the shampoo will get washed away easily if you apply it to the hair ends. To nourish your hair apply it and gently massage on your scalp.
- You Must Avoid Hot Water– wash your hair with cold water or Luke warm water. Washing your scalp with very hot water can result in severe damage and will dry your hair, create severe tangles and ultimately result in breakage of your hair strands. Warm water opens your scalp pores which bring out essential oils and nutrients, but cold water seals them in. Another important step is to squeeze the water out before you condition your hair.
- Oiling Surely Helps– not many people do this before washing their hair, but oiling your hair surely helps to retain the natural elements of your hair. It also keeps your hair strong, untangled and moisturized. Massage the oil into the hair about 2-3 hours before washing it; this will give enough time for the nutrients to seep into your hair.
- Dry Your Hair– you need to dry your hair and not leave it wet, make sure you do not expose your hair to extreme dry heat, which causes severe damage to hair and hair follicles. So you will need to apply some layers to your hair before drying it. Blow drying your hair must be done with great care. First, apply a heat-protect spray to all of your hair, this protects the hair from the heat and then keeping the dryer at a distance blow your hair. Then, keep moving the dryer continuously to avoid applying too much heat on the same spot.
Maintaining your hair does not require any costly material but correct methods. Your hair will be healthy and strong is you take care of it effectively using the right products in the right way. So you can maintain your hair by easily following the steps mentioned above.
Now it is also important for you to keep your hair to go along all throughout the day and not dry out which makes it look rough and ugly. So here are a few ways which will help you keep your hair moisturized and prevent it from getting damaged for the rest of the day.
- Apply Natural Oils– it is really important for everyone to apply natural oils to keep the hair protected and nourished all the time. Oil your hair once a week which has proved to be beneficial. Oil your hair from mid-length of your strands till the end, provides important nourishment to the hair. There are numerous benefits of oiling hair like keeping it coated from heat and dust, increase blood circulation, provide natural proteins to hair and follicles, helps the hair to remain detangled, gives a shiny and silky look, etc. Coconut oil, mustard oil, macadamia oil, argan oil, etc. are some important natural oils which help to keep your hair nourished and moisturized throughout the day and also with other benefits.
- Conditioner– conditioners are an important ingredient in the recipe for keeping your healthy and moisturized throughout the day. One of the most important benefits it provides you is to keep your hair from getting dry. Conditioners are made to soften your hair, provide it with moisture, and it also helps to retain important nutrients to it. Condition your hair as per the length, volume and texture of your hair. You can also keep a spray bottle of conditioner to condition your hair for the rest of the day outdoors. It will retain the moisture and prevent you from getting dry and rugged.
- Instead Of Blow-Dry Try To Air-Dry– many women believe that blow drying the hair is better than air drying your hair because it is fast and efficient. But there are negatives to blow drying, the most significant one being exposing it to heat. Air-drying your hair also helps it to lock the moisture to your hair. So it’s better if you let most your hair dry out by itself naturally and then slowly blow dry it to get away with the rest of it. This will ensure that the whole of the hair volume is dried up but without causing any heat damage to it.
- Do Not Wash Your Hair Every Day– It is important that you must prevent washing your hair every day of the week or month. Washing your hair twice or thrice a week is sufficient enough to keep them healthy. The more you wash your hair, the more it will get rid of the natural oils, and so it will become drier and drier. Break the myth of washing hair every day and protect your hair.
Hair steaming is a good way to pamper your hair and keep it healthy. It helps it to look refreshed and healthy and is a good treatment for your hair. Steaming your hair adds moisture to your hair, helps to better blood circulation to the scalp and follicles. So steaming your hair will add many benefits to your hair regimen.
What is hair steaming? – Hair steaming is the simple process of adding moisture to your hair in the form of vapor by creating a humid environment for the absorption of vapor. This can be easily done either by using a hair steamer or by applying a hot towel to your head.
There are numerous benefits of steaming your hair so now let us know, why hair steaming is good for your hair-
- Adding to the moisture content- one of the most important benefits of hair steaming is moisturizing. It helps to increase the moisture retention which prevents your hair from getting dried and rough. Moisturized hair prevents breakage and helps to be elastic. Adding moisture to your will help it to retain the natural proteins and oils. Steaming helps to open up the cuticle layer, allows better absorption of important nutrients and oils. This improves the moisture balance.
- Strengthened hair– steaming your hair helps to add strength to your hair system. It makes the hair strands to be more ‘elastic.’ The elasticity which the hair gets helps to prevent it from drying out and break away when you style, curl or comb it. It also adds moisture which further helps to retain the elasticity. This is very helpful for those who are tired of dealing with dry hair and want their hair to be flexible. Thus adding strength to your hair will help in styling and add to its health.
- Rejuvenates the hair– many people steam their hair which gives a refresh and rejuvenates the hair system to a great extent. Exposing your hair to dust, heat and other harmful elements adds to its dullness and damage. The changes in weather, temperature and other physical changes affect the hair too. So to refresh your hair system, hair steaming is essential which gives it a recharge of moisture, nutrients, opens up the pores which intake important nutrients, etc.
- Helps to improve the scalp– steaming help the scalping system also. It helps to open up pores and influences better blood circulation throughout the system. Hair steaming allows toxins to get released from the scalp. All these contribute to a healthy scalp and hair.
Now there are many Dos and Don’ts of hair steaming which will effectively help you to maintain a better hair show.
- Try to steam your hair once a week because a weekly dose of hair steaming helps the hair system to get better moisturized and hydrated results. This increases the elasticity, moisture retention and blood circulation throughout the scalp.
- Steam for at least twenty to forty minutes. The duration of your steaming session influences a lot of things. So give your hair system and cuticles some time to absorb the moisture and let it penetrate into the whole of it. Do not hurry this process.
- You must clip your hair up because it is important to have all your hair including the ends assembled to under the hair steamer. All the parts of a hair strand are important bet it the roots or your hair strands. Make sure the whole of it receives the benefit, which will benefit you more in turn.
- Let the hair cool down and then rinse your hair. You have to understand when your hair has cooled down, as it is then, the cuticles have sealed themselves after locking all the essential moisture and nutrients they needed; after your hair has cooled down rinse it with cold water. Do not wash it away immediately after the session is over.
- To prevent the moisture from dripping down from the head, use a washcloth. Hair steaming produces a lot of vapor and moisture so cover your hair with a washcloth to prevent the moisture from getting wasted by dripping down from your head.
- Do not leave your hair down, which will have absolutely no effect on the hair, all the parts of your hair will get neglected.
- Do not cover your head with a plastic cap. This not at all allows the steam to penetrate into the hair system and the whole process will be useless.
- Do not overdo the process and a session of 20-30 minutes is enough. Overdoing the process will result in the limp hair which might also break. Too much of everything is not good after all.
- Apply your conditioner and wait for a few moments before running into the steamer. This will help the conditioner to soak into the hair and scalp providing extra benefits. Do not run straight into the steamer at first.
So these are the few tips and methods which will help you keep and maintain healthy hair always.
Leave a Reply