The cold weather is good compared to the warm weather, but sleeping in such weather is very uncomfortable. You need a good quality blanket to fend the cold air and get a good night sleep. But the cold air always finds away and you feel cold at night and won’t get enough good sleep. That’s why it is better to have electric blankets instead of the regular blankets.
The best electric blankets are helpful in getting a cozy sleep in cold weather. It doesn’t matter if you live in a colder region of the world, where the temperatures drop below zero. The best electric blankets will help you to stay warm in your bed and get a good sleep without having to worry about the outside temperatures.
Instead of increasing the temperature of your home heater, save money by purchasing the electric blanket, which will keep you warm. Also, purchase the same for all of the people in your home and eliminate the need for a room heater. In this post, we are going to share every bit of information about the best electric blankets in the market, and also list the top products that are currently popular amongst the customers.
Best Electric Blankets Buyers Guide – How to Buy Best Heating Blanket?
The first rule of markets for buyers is not to buy the first product you see. With this rule, you can avoid spending unnecessary money in the drain and also find numerous alternatives for the first product. As you are going to choose the best electric blanket, you should understand the basics of this product and get the one that is best.
How to know which one is the best product amongst the crowd of electric heating blankets? Well, in this section, we are going to share some parameters that will help you understand how to choose the best electric heating blanket. All you have to do is to check these parameters and you’ll get the best electric blanket that suits your needs and is worth the money you are going to spend on it.
- Safety – As the product you are going to purchase uses Electricity to work, you should consider Safety as the primary concern. With electric products, your primary concern should always be safety. You should check the safety ratings provided by the local authorities. If the product is rated Safe, then you can choose them. In the United States, the markings “UL” and “ETL” indicate that the product is rated safe. If the blanket does not have the markings, refrain from purchasing it.
- Size – The size of the electric heated blankets is what you should check the next. First of all, check if you want to have the blanket for personal use or to use with your wife. Once you’ve done that, you’ll know the accurate size of the blanket. Mostly, the blankets come in Single, Twin, And King sizes. The single is for only one person, Twin is for two small people or one large person. And finally, the King or Queen size electric blankets are for couples.
- Adjustments – The heating preferences are different for each customer. Therefore, the blanket should come with the adjustment or a regulator to control the heat of the blanket. With the adjustment knob, the user can quickly adjust the heat according to the weather. Refrain from shortlisting the product that has no heat control knob as they are absolutely useless for long term use.
- Voltages – Most of the manufacturers sell Electric blankets with Regular and Low-voltage mode. The regular mode is rated safe for use but the Low-voltage mode is safer by all means. The low-voltage electric heated blankets won’t cause any discomfort, consume less electricity and also provide safety as the low-voltage is not enough to shock anyone. So, check the voltage levels of the product and choose the one with low-voltage if possible.
- Warranty – While purchasing every electric product, make sure you check the warranty period. The warranty period ensures the free repair of the product if it malfunctions. There is a high chance of malfunction with electric blankets, so you should check the warranty period and terms to get the additional cover on the life of the product.
Frequently Asked Question on Best Electric Blankets on Amazon 2020
When dealing with the electric products, you should be a smart customer and ask all the questions you have in your mind. In the case of best electric blanket reviews 2020, we’ve got you covered. In this section, we’ve answered all of the frequently asked questions about the best electric blankets on amazon 2020, which will help you to clear all the doubts.
How safe are modern electric blankets?
Thanks to the modern electrical safety standards, all of the modern electric blankets are safe for use. Most of the governments have the Electrical Safety Standards board, that governs all the electrical products. So, the best electric blanket that you are willing to purchase has passed the quality checks from the safety standards board. in short, almost all of the modern electrical heated blankets are safe to use.
How Do I Care for an Electric Blanket?
Electric Blankets require utmost care as you should handle it like a gentleman. You should not fold them from anywhere other than the designated place. You should not wash them without following the proper instructions and many other things. As the electric blanket contains electrical circuits, not taking care of it would cause damage to the device.
How long does an electric blanket last?
The Electric Blankets have almost the same lifespan as the normal blankets. According to the reviews and the information shared by manufacturers, an electric heated blanket lasts for ten or more years. The life is ten years approximately considering the user has taken proper care of the blanket. It may last for more than ten years but after noticing the wear and tear, the users should consider replacing it for safety concerns.
Can electric blankets cause cancer?
There is a big misconception that the electric blankets cause cancer. That is not true at all. The blankets run on electricity emit the electromagnetic frequencies or radiation, which is not harmful in small doses. The same radiation is used in the motors, electric cars and other types of equipment. The Electromagnetic radiation will only cause cancer if the user receives more than the recommended dosage of the same, which is not possible with the electric blankets. So, don’t worry and keep using the electric blanket.
Can a heated blanket catch on fire?
If you are asking this question for modern electric heated blankets, then the answer is NO. But if you are asking for older electric blankets made before 2001, then the answer is YES. The older electric blankets did not have the heat protection mode to prevent the overheating. So, they may catch fire. Modern ones do have the shut-off mechanism to prevent overheating and they won’t catch fire. So, if you have an older heated blanket, then you should immediately discard it.
Are electric blankets safe for bed wetters?
NO. The electric blankets are not safe for bed wetters at all. You should avoid using an electric heated blanket if you are a bed wetter. Also, using an active electric blanket is not recommended at all. All you have to do is to warm up the blanket first and then turn it OFF to prevent any kind of electric shock. If you are using the blanket for bed wetter, then you should completely avoid them as they are not safe.
When Should I Replace My Electric Blanket?
The average life of the electric blanket is ten years. You should see the signs of wear and tear after 8 to 10 years of usage. The first sign is the brown spots on the blanket. The brown spots are the marks of burning that indicate the time for a replacement. Also, if the blanket is not working properly and taking too much time to heat, then you should consider replacing it.
When you are feeling the extreme cold in winter seasons, the electric heated blankets provide the much-needed heat and comfort for sleeping. Also, they are helpful in reducing the electricity bill as you won’t be using the room heaters much often. I hope you’ve learned everything about the best electric heated blankets 2020. We’ve tried to cover everything in this post like the best products, buyers guide and also the FAQ. If you still have some more questions that need serious answers, then please use the comment section below.